Since 2002 a lot of Buddy Bears are sold by auction at several events. Among others in the office of the federal President by Christina Rau, at Second Channel of German Television Broadcasting (ZDF) by Michael Schanze, in the WM-Studio of ZDF by Wolf-Dieter Poschmann. In the German General Consulat in Los Angeles a Buddy Bear was auctionned of for "Classrooms in Afghanistan" in attendance of Thea Gottschalk, Elke Sommer and Uschi Obermeier. Further auctions were for example held by Prof. Stölzl or Bishop Dr. Huber.
Some Buddy Bears were auctioned by ebay. Among others one bear which was painted by the world famous wall artist of the East-Side Gallery, Thierry Noir, was sold by auction in aid of the children helping project "Die Arche".
In addition to the big auctions selling unique sculptures from the circle of United Buddy Bears that have taken place in German-speaking countries so far, several auctions have been organised elsewhere far away from the Buddy Bear’s home country: In April 2005 three Buddy Bears were auctioned off in Istanbul; three further bears 2006 in Sydney, 2012 auctions took place in Tokyo as well as in St. Petersburg.
We would also like to highlight the many auctions of lovingly designed small Buddy Bear miniatures (in Berlin and many other parts of Germany), art competitions in aid of UNICEF and other children’s relief organisations (often supported by celebrities – for example by Jackie Chan in Kuala Lumpur).
By now, more than 685,600 € have thus been obtained for charity purposes. At bigger and smaller auctions, as well as through donations and incomes from catalogues following organisations (among others) could be supported:
• UNICEF (e.g. Egypt, Australia, Argentina, Bulgaria),
• The Beautiful Foundation (Korea),
• School exchange programm in Istanbul,
• The children helping project "Die Arche", Berlin
• Cabuwazi-children circus, Berlin
• Children of the Stiftung Deutsche Schlaganfallhilfe (German Stroke Foundation),
• a kindergarten harmed by the flow in Nossen at Dresden,
• Center for children "Ottokar e.V". Berlin,
• Children club in the "Freizeithaus am Mauerpark",
• the day nursery "Fuggerstr. e.V.", Berlin
• the integration project of the Association of German Boy and Girl Scouts,
• "Kinder in Gefahr" ("Children in Danger"),
• the "Deutsche Kinder- und Jugendstiftung" (children"s aid and streetkids projects)
• Sterntaler e.V., Berlin
• "Förderverein für hochbegabte Kinder e.V." (association in support of highly talented chdren),
• "LABUDE", Berlin
• "evangel. Kinder- und Jugendhaus" in Lichtenrade,
• a children helping project in Maputo / Mosambique,
• "100 classrooms for Afghanistan",
• "Kinder aus Kiew - Petschersk" (a project of the district office Charlottenburg-Wilmersdorf of Berlin),
• der Berliner Initiative Kinder in Gefahr e.V.,
• City Stiftung Berlin,
• Olympiastützpunkt Berlin,
• Kinderhilfe e.V.,
• Aids-Gala Berlin,
• Save the Children / Helsinki (Finland),
• Laughing Hearts e.V.,
• Stiftung KinderHerz,
• GAGU-Zwergenhilfe e.V. (for “Home of Hope” in Sierra Leone),
• Kijuba – ich schaffe es (an organisation providing psychological support for children whose parents suffer from cancer),
• „gecko e.V.“, the association that supports the Christian Children’s Hospital Osnabrück,
• TrauerZeit - Zentrum für trauernde Kinder und Familien Berlin,
• Stiftung zur Förderung von Pflegekindern Berlin,
• and further.